It’s all about the texture in Art Smith’s healthy alternative to classic mashed potatoes. The secret? Greek yogurt and Parmesan help achieve the rich, creamy texture you're after. From the Food Network.
· 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped
· Kosher salt
· 1/4 cup chicken stock
· 2 tablespoons grated Italian cheese, such as Parmesan
· 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 tablespoon nonfat Greek yogurt
· 1 clove garlic, smashed and chopped
· Freshly ground black pepper
· Fresh rosemary, chopped, for garnish
Add the cauliflower and a pinch of salt to a boiling pot of water and cook until cooked through and very tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well and quickly dry well with paper towels. Add the hot cauliflower to a food processor with the chicken stock, cheese, olive oil, yogurt and garlic and process until smooth. Stir in a pinch of salt and pepper and the chopped rosemary, and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
83 calories; 4.5g fat; 1g sat fat; 1mg cholesterol; 200mg sodium; 8g carbohydrates; 3g fiber; 5g protein; 3g sugar